Podcast: Play in new window | Download
The conspirators go more in-depth on how little we know about the people we don’t know (Malcolm Gladwell’s Talking to Strangers), plus more COVID19 chattering.
Apologies for the audio quality–now that everybody’s working from home and practicing safe social distancing… well, it’s Skype o’clock.
Content warning: this episode contains some discussion of sexual assault, as it relates to the book. Non-graphic.
- The book we’re talking about: Talking to Strangers
- Jess also recommends this book, also by Gladwell: David & Goliath
- Robin Hanson’s Elephant in the Brain
- The TBC episode we did, with Hanson as our Special Guest
- Article mentioned: Beware Trivial Inconveniences
Hey look, we have a discord! What could possibly go wrong?
Rationality: From AI to Zombies, The Podcast… and the other podcast
LessWrong posts Discussed in this Episode:
Next Episode’s Sequence Posts:
Illusion of Transparency: Why No One Understands You
Expecting Short Inferential Distances
Big thanks to David for our intro music! Check out his music and VFX here!
We’d like to thank creators of our new outro music from the Sumerki Project! Check out their stuff here!